Thursday, August 29, 2013

New-tella (Chocolate Hazelnut Butter)


When I saw this recipe at Satisfying Eats, I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I couldn't wait to try it! And it did not disappoint. Here is my Blendtec-adapted version:

Roast 1 cup of hazelnuts for 12-15 minutes at 350*.

Place roasted nuts on a clean towel and rub vigorously to remove as much of the skins as possible.
Place warm hazelnuts in Blendtec Twister Jar and press SPEED UP button to speed 7. Run full cycle while twisting scraper lid.
Then add:

1/4 cup + 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbs. butter, salted
1/2 cup + 2 Tbs. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. raw honey or 2 packets of stevia
1/8 tsp. stevia

Blend on MULTI-USE setting for full cycle.

Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for about 1 week. (If it lasts that long!)


2 comments:

  1. Have you tried it with coconut oil instead of butter NTTAWWB. And I choose honey over stevia any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No idea what NTTAWWB is, Amber, but I haven't tried it with coconut oil yet. I like butter too.
    Honey would probably give it a smoother texture, I imagine, but I'm sugar free, so stevia for me.

    ReplyDelete